Road Racing 2007 favoriete topics

Moderator: RG500IU

Pagina's: 1 2

Topic: Road Racing 2007 (6949 keer gelezen)
sTTevie
España para siempre (y la Isla de Man también)

Reageer met citaat 
Guy "the carrot cruncher" Martin heeft 'n contract getekend bij Hydrex Honda ... het is Guy's 3e team in evenveel jaren ... hopelijk kan hij de Fireblade naar 'n langverwachte TT-overwinning rijden dit jaar

http://www.iomtt.com/blogs/other_news/archive/2007/01/06/66218.aspx
#19 & #11 ... our future

Dennis Noyes is the daddy!!

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
voor de mensen die niet 't Kanaal over willen steken is 'r ook op 't vasteland nog wat road racing ... je hoeft 'r enkel de taalgrens voor over te steken ...

't beruchte circuit van Chimay staat weer op de kalender dit jaar ... 'n aanrader & niet enkel om 't bekende bier
Gedinne staat ook weer plichtsgetrouw op de kalender ... elk jaar voor de laatste keer ... afwachten wat '08 brengt ... maar ik zou 'r niet op wachten ... de IOM TT in 't klein

26-27/05 Chimay
18-19/08 Gedinne
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
Raymond Porter wordt na z'n succesrijk '06 seizoen beloond met 'n zitje bij MacAdoo ...

http://www.iomtt.com/...007/01/08/66301.aspx

« Gewijzigd: 09-01-2007 om 19:31:37 door sTTevie »

#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
     Reageer met citaat 
CHIMAY is zeker een aanrader, gaaf baantje, leuke entourage en altijd mooie races. Mij voorkeur gaat nog altijd uit naar de lange (9,5 km) circuitversie maar zoals de baan (4,5 km) er nu bijligt is het ook plezierig races. Ben benieuwd welke klassen er in 2007 aan de start verschijnen. Zou graag de int 250 daar weer willen zien.

GEDINNE is gaaf echter niet ongevaarlijk, heeft een groot TT of Man gehalte.
JT
     Reageer met citaat 
En Hutchinson naar HM Plant Honda!

Waar zit Farquhar tegenwoordig eigelijk?

Nog een paar maanden voor de NW200

Laat het seizoen maar beginnen!
     Reageer met citaat 
JT schreef 18-01-07 om 22:40:31
En Hutchinson naar HM Plant Honda!

Waar zit Farquhar tegenwoordig eigelijk?

Nog een paar maanden voor de NW200

Laat het seizoen maar beginnen!

Farquhar is toch niet meer
The Texas Tornado
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
voor zover ik mee ben ...

Ryan heeft vorig jaar, na heel wat pech, z'n afscheid aangekondigd ... maar rijdt nu hier & daar wel mee, voornl. in de kleinere klasses

spijtig ... vooral op de 600 was hij excellent ...
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
     Reageer met citaat 
sTTevie schreef 19-01-07 om 11:15:12
voor zover ik mee ben ...

Ryan heeft vorig jaar, na heel wat pech, z'n afscheid aangekondigd ... maar rijdt nu hier & daar wel mee, voornl. in de kleinere klasses

spijtig ... vooral op de 600 was hij excellent ...

hmmm, ik dacht dat hij ook was omgekomen bij een crash eigenlijk.
Wat was dan de rede dat hij niet voor TAS Suzuki reed tijdens de TT
The Texas Tornado
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
hij heeft redelijk vroeg op 't seizoen 'n breuk opgelopen ...
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
HM Plant SBK tijdens de 'grote 3' ... Padgett's voor de rest ...

Citaat:
McGuinness signs deal with Honda UK and Padgett's for 2007

Eleven times Isle of Man TT winner John McGuinness has signed a deal with
Honda UK that will see him line up in the colours of both HM Plant and Padgett's Motorcycles for the 2007 season. The Morecambe rider, who scored a sensational hat trick at last year's TT Races, will ride in the Superbike class for the official HM Plant Honda team at all three of the International road races - the North West 200, Isle of Man TT Races and Ulster Grand Prix - where he is sure to be in contention for more honours. He will also ride a HM Plant Honda Fireblade in the Isle of Man TT Superstock race.

A significant part of the deal is that McGuinness will contest a full season of short circuit racing in the British Supersport Championship, this time under the Padgett's Motorcycles banner, where he will line up alongside Dennis Hobbs. This marks a return to the class for McGuinness for the first time since 2002, when he contested the World Championship, a year after he claimed third spot in the British title. The new deal sees the 34-year old link up with the Batley based Padgett's family for the first time in his career, following in the footsteps of some illustrious names who have ridden for the family concern, one of the staunchest supporters of British motorcycle racing.

McGuinness will also ride the Padgett's CBR600 Honda in the Supersport races on the roads and a clearly delighted John commented:

"It's taken a while but I've finally been able to put together a deal for 2007 and I'm over the moon with the way it's all turned out. There were a number of other interesting offers on the table but, after the success I had this year, I never wanted to leave Honda and it's just been a matter of getting all the smaller details confirmed. Riding in the British Championships is still very important to me and getting a good ride there was crucial so it was just a question of sorting out which team I'd be riding for. It will be another very tough year as the competition is going to be intense but I'm confident of going out there and delivering the goods with the Centenary TT being very high on the agenda."

McGuinness will have some pre-season testing in February and March before
the British Championship season kicks off at Brands Hatch on April 9th

www.iomtt.com
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
JT
     Reageer met citaat 
ICE_en_FROST schreef 19-01-07 om 16:03:52
(...)

hmmm, ik dacht dat hij ook was omgekomen bij een crash eigenlijk.

misschien bedoel je richard britton?
     Reageer met citaat 
JT schreef 26-01-07 om 20:22:20
(...)

misschien bedoel je richard britton?

neeejjj, daar wist het wel van...

Dacht echt dat Ryan Farquhar verongelukt was, maar blijkbaar niet als ik de enige op dit forum ben die dat denkt
The Texas Tornado
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
dit was 't persbericht van 04/05/06

Citaat:
Farquhar considers racing future

Ryan Farquhar says he has not decided whether he will race again after he recovers from arm and neck injuries sustained at Cookstown last week.

"I haven't made up my mind. I have other priorities now and I'll be taking a long, hard look at things before deciding what I do in the future.

"This accident brought it home to me that you don't have to make a mistake for something to go wrong.

"I'll play it by ear but I'm not in much form for getting on a bike now."

"That might change in a couple of weeks or a couple of months but if I do decide to go out again, it will not be for three or four months at least.

"I have had a chat with Philip Neill of TAS Suzuki and he says that if I want to leave it until next year then the bikes will be there for me, so I will play it by ear and see how I feel."

Farquhar was looking forward to chasing that elusive international Superbike success in 2006.

"A big bike win at the North West, the TT or the Ulster Grand Prix was my aim this season and I was looking forward to a good year with a top team and great bikes.

"As it turned out, I just got one lap of practice before a rider who was touring moved across and I had nowhere to go so I clipped the back of him and went into a hedge.

I thought this was going to be my year but it turns out that it wasn't meant to be
Ryan Farquhar

"I have had my left arm plated from the shoulder to the elbow, a couple of broken vertebrae in my neck, possibly a cracked rib and I'm a bit battered and bruised but it could have been worse.

"I am told that I was close to a telegraph pole and if I had hit that, it would have been a lot worse. Also I believe the hedge I went into had a lot of barbed wire in it."

Farquhar is now a full-time motorcycle racer and had shed pounds over the winter to get in the best possible shape for this season.

"I trained hard all winter to get into good shape and I was pleased with the bikes in testing.

"I thought this was going to be my year but it turns out that it wasn't meant to be.

"I love road racing but I have been fortunate up to now. If I do come back, I will make up my own mind about which circuits are safe to ride at and which are not.

"I definitely won't be riding at all the races I have been riding at," said the Dungannon ace.
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
     Reageer met citaat 
duidelijk
The Texas Tornado
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
(beknopte) Q&A met macgee op Crash

http://www.crash.net/...cid~87~id~142706.htm
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!

Pagina's: 1 2

Snelle navigatie: