Road Racing favoriete topics

Moderator: RG500IU

Pagina's: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12

Topic: Road Racing (28891 keer gelezen)
sTTevie
España para siempre (y la Isla de Man también)

Reageer met citaat 
als trouwe jaarlijkse bezoeker van de IOM TT had ik hier nog geen road racing topic gezien ( of over het hoofd gezien mss   )

anyway ........... hier is de eerste post die ik, als Kawa-fan fier durf te plaatsen  

Historic Season for McAdoo Racing

McAdoo Racing’s 22nd consecutive season in road racing turned out to be quite an historic one. The highlight was obviously winning the Isle of Man TT, which was the only road race remaining we hadn't won.

The main objectives for the season were achieved in not only winning the TT, but also retaining the Duke Road Race Rankings Championship. We feel this championship is the only one really worth winning as it is the only true guide as to the best overall road racer throughout the season.

For Ryan to win this prestigious championship two years running gives us a great feeling of satisfaction. 2004 was the sixth season we have sponsored Ryan and way back in 1999 not many people would have predicted Ryan would one day become ranked as the No.1 road racer around. It is very easy to sign a rider at the top of the sport and keep him there, but very difficult to pick out a rider no-one else sees the potential in and take him from nowhere to the top of the sport.

Another huge achievement for us in 2004 was the fact that the TT win was done on a Kawasaki, and a privately run bike at that! Kawasaki hadn’t won a TT since 1984 and we were thrilled to give them the overdue success. The majority of the riders and teams we compete against are factory supported with huge budgets, so our road racing successes are even more remarkable.

The 2004 ZX-6RR Kawasaki production bike on which Ryan won the TT had an incredible season. The first four races it competed in all brought victories. Even in the fifth and final race, the Ulster GP 600cc race, Ryan was leading comfortably when the race was stopped - so no other machine
finished a race ahead the ZX-6RR.

Due to this amazing success we received an offer from Kawasaki to purchase this machine from the team. Again, this was a huge honour for us. To have a Japanese manufacturer want our machine for their museum in Japan is one of the most rewarding things that could ever have happened to McAdoo Racing.

As far as plans for the future, we are still undecided. 22 years is a long time to be involved in any sport let alone road racing. Having achieved all the goals we set out to achieve, it is sometimes difficult to find the motivation to continue. However, road racing is in our blood, so we’ll have to see what lies ahead for McAdoo Racing.

respect  

« Gewijzigd: 14-10-2004 om 14:43:31 door sTTevie »

#19 & #11 ... our future

Dennis Noyes is the daddy!!

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
als trouwe jaarlijkse bezoeker van de IOM TT had ik hier nog geen road racing topic gezien ( of over het hoofd gezien mss   )

anyway ........... hier is de eerste post die ik, als Kawa-fan fier durf te plaatsen  

Historic Season for McAdoo Racing

McAdoo Racing’s 22nd consecutive season in road racing turned out to be quite an historic one. The highlight was obviously winning the Isle of Man TT, which was the only road race remaining we hadn't won.

The main objectives for the season were achieved in not only winning the TT, but also retaining the Duke Road Race Rankings Championship. We feel this championship is the only one really worth winning as it is the only true guide as to the best overall road racer throughout the season.

For Ryan to win this prestigious championship two years running gives us a great feeling of satisfaction. 2004 was the sixth season we have sponsored Ryan and way back in 1999 not many people would have predicted Ryan would one day become ranked as the No.1 road racer around. It is very easy to sign a rider at the top of the sport and keep him there, but very difficult to pick out a rider no-one else sees the potential in and take him from nowhere to the top of the sport.

Another huge achievement for us in 2004 was the fact that the TT win was done on a Kawasaki, and a privately run bike at that! Kawasaki hadn’t won a TT since 1984 and we were thrilled to give them the overdue success. The majority of the riders and teams we compete against are factory supported with huge budgets, so our road racing successes are even more remarkable.

The 2004 ZX-6RR Kawasaki production bike on which Ryan won the TT had an incredible season. The first four races it competed in all brought victories. Even in the fifth and final race, the Ulster GP 600cc race, Ryan was leading comfortably when the race was stopped - so no other machine
finished a race ahead the ZX-6RR.

Due to this amazing success we received an offer from Kawasaki to purchase this machine from the team. Again, this was a huge honour for us. To have a Japanese manufacturer want our machine for their museum in Japan is one of the most rewarding things that could ever have happened to McAdoo Racing.

As far as plans for the future, we are still undecided. 22 years is a long time to be involved in any sport let alone road racing. Having achieved all the goals we set out to achieve, it is sometimes difficult to find the motivation to continue. However, road racing is in our blood, so we’ll have to see what lies ahead for McAdoo Racing.

respect  

« Gewijzigd: 14-10-2004 om 14:43:31 door sTTevie »

#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
     Reageer met citaat 
Ik zou dat spektakel ook nog wel eens mee willen maken.

TYRI F1 is momenteel (:rolleyesbezig om videobanden van de IOM TT op DVD te zetten, en het is echt geweldig om te zien!

Mugello never sleeps!
     Reageer met citaat 

TYRI F1 is momenteel (:rolleyesbezig om videobanden van de IOM TT op DVD te zetten, en het is echt geweldig om te zien!

Mugello never sleeps!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
yep, 't zal nu m'n 4de keer zijn dat ik ga

je kan boeken op www.steam-packet.com en dan op TT2005 klikken op de navigatiebalk

voor vroege beslissers is er korting op de overzet naar Douglas ( via Heysham of Liverpool )

PS; moest je vragen hebben, niet aarzelen !!
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
yep, 't zal nu m'n 4de keer zijn dat ik ga

je kan boeken op www.steam-packet.com en dan op TT2005 klikken op de navigatiebalk

voor vroege beslissers is er korting op de overzet naar Douglas ( via Heysham of Liverpool )

PS; moest je vragen hebben, niet aarzelen !!
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
Ryan Farquhar to defend his double Duke Title in 2005

Ryan Farquhar has confirmed that it is his intension to compete in all the National and International Road Races in 2005, and has every intension of keeping hold of the Geoff Duke Trophy for a third year.

With his new team MSS Kawasaki their main races will be the Isle of Man TT, where Ryan achieved his first victory this year in the Production 600cc race, the North West ‘200’ and the Ulster Grand Prix.

Ryan is due to commence testing in Spain, as a build up to the season getting underway in late April next year at the traditional season opener at Cookstown.

If all goes well in Spain the Dungannon man is likely to take in some of the early BSB or the BSS rounds.

Crossan’s, who had been announced as one of his 2005 sponsors, will not now be involved. In their place will be a new sponsor, which will be announced in the next edition of the leading magazine, Irish Racer.

eerdere berichten dat Ryan ( na zijn ruzie met de racedirectie van de NW200 ) zou stoppen met racen worden dus nu officieel van de kaart geveegd ..... positief voor alle road race fans !!
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
Ryan Farquhar to defend his double Duke Title in 2005

Ryan Farquhar has confirmed that it is his intension to compete in all the National and International Road Races in 2005, and has every intension of keeping hold of the Geoff Duke Trophy for a third year.

With his new team MSS Kawasaki their main races will be the Isle of Man TT, where Ryan achieved his first victory this year in the Production 600cc race, the North West ‘200’ and the Ulster Grand Prix.

Ryan is due to commence testing in Spain, as a build up to the season getting underway in late April next year at the traditional season opener at Cookstown.

If all goes well in Spain the Dungannon man is likely to take in some of the early BSB or the BSS rounds.

Crossan’s, who had been announced as one of his 2005 sponsors, will not now be involved. In their place will be a new sponsor, which will be announced in the next edition of the leading magazine, Irish Racer.

eerdere berichten dat Ryan ( na zijn ruzie met de racedirectie van de NW200 ) zou stoppen met racen worden dus nu officieel van de kaart geveegd ..... positief voor alle road race fans !!
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
TYRI_F1
GIXXER

Reageer met citaat 
Citaat:

TYRI F1 is momenteel  (:rolleyesbezig om videobanden van de IOM TT op DVD te zetten, en het is echt geweldig om te zien!

momenteel? ben er al mee klaar!!!

kheb zin in volgendjaar! ff met de gixxer naar man rijden
TYRI_F1
GIXXER

Reageer met citaat 
Citaat:

TYRI F1 is momenteel  (:rolleyesbezig om videobanden van de IOM TT op DVD te zetten, en het is echt geweldig om te zien!

momenteel? ben er al mee klaar!!!

kheb zin in volgendjaar! ff met de gixxer naar man rijden
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
ook in '05 weer Ten Kate's op de weg ...

Citaat:
Martin Finnegan joins Vitrans / Ten Kate Honda for 2005

Twenty four year old Lusk rider Martin Finnegan has accepted the offer from Vitrans / Ten Kate Honda to ride for them for the 2005 season.

The 2004 Irish Senior Road Race Champion and current Irish Motorcyclist of the year will ride the famous Vitrans Ten Kate Honda’s as campaigned by World Superbike star Chris Vermeulen. Martin will compete in the British Superstock Championship on Ten Kate prepared Fireblade’s however his main objective will be the three International Road Races; the North West 200, the Isle of Man TT and the Ulster Grand Prix.

Martin will also bring the exotic Honda’s to selected Irish National Road Races, including the Skerries 100, which is his local meeting with Lusk based Round Tower Racing continuing their support of Martin’s racing activities in 2005.

Speaking at the launch of the team at the Ramada Hotel in Belfast, Martin commented “I am delighted to have been given this opportunity to join such a professional team who can deliver the machinery and infrastructure which you need to get on the podium at the International Road Races. It is an exciting time for me and for Round Tower Racing, and I can’t wait for the season to start. I have been working with Joe (Barr) for the past year on a specific physical performance plan and it will be fantastic to call upon that knowledge on a day to day basis.”

Team manager Joe Barr added “I have worked with both Martin and John Laverty over the past year on their physical performance plans. I see this as a fantastic opportunity and a great platform to show off the lad’s talents, where everything that they have worked for can have a real chance to become a reality. I think that Martin is one of the most exciting prospects in road racing since the great David Jeffries and he has many of DJ’s characteristics. I am delighted to be welcoming Martin and Round Tower Racing to Vitrans for 2005 and hope that we can give the loyal Irish fans something to shout about at the TT.”

Team owner Robert Burns is just as excited about Finnegan’s arrival in the team an added “This is my first foray into pure road racing and Martin is what has attracted me to this diversification. He is clearly an exciting talent with maturity beyond his years. Vitrans and Ten Kate will build him superb motorcycles and I know Joe will direct Martin to get the best out of him this season. I am hopeful that our association with Martin and Round Tower Racing will be a successful one, both on the roads and in the Superstock. I want to win the TT with Martin.”

So the Irish connection at Vitrans strengthens with newly appointed team manager Joe Barr having already signed John Laverty from the European Superstock Championship for their assault on the British Superbike Championship. Martin will join John and the other members of the Vitrans team for the first time at their initial testing session at the Valencia Circuit in Spain on the 13th and 14th of December.
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
ook in '05 weer Ten Kate's op de weg ...

Citaat:
Martin Finnegan joins Vitrans / Ten Kate Honda for 2005

Twenty four year old Lusk rider Martin Finnegan has accepted the offer from Vitrans / Ten Kate Honda to ride for them for the 2005 season.

The 2004 Irish Senior Road Race Champion and current Irish Motorcyclist of the year will ride the famous Vitrans Ten Kate Honda’s as campaigned by World Superbike star Chris Vermeulen. Martin will compete in the British Superstock Championship on Ten Kate prepared Fireblade’s however his main objective will be the three International Road Races; the North West 200, the Isle of Man TT and the Ulster Grand Prix.

Martin will also bring the exotic Honda’s to selected Irish National Road Races, including the Skerries 100, which is his local meeting with Lusk based Round Tower Racing continuing their support of Martin’s racing activities in 2005.

Speaking at the launch of the team at the Ramada Hotel in Belfast, Martin commented “I am delighted to have been given this opportunity to join such a professional team who can deliver the machinery and infrastructure which you need to get on the podium at the International Road Races. It is an exciting time for me and for Round Tower Racing, and I can’t wait for the season to start. I have been working with Joe (Barr) for the past year on a specific physical performance plan and it will be fantastic to call upon that knowledge on a day to day basis.”

Team manager Joe Barr added “I have worked with both Martin and John Laverty over the past year on their physical performance plans. I see this as a fantastic opportunity and a great platform to show off the lad’s talents, where everything that they have worked for can have a real chance to become a reality. I think that Martin is one of the most exciting prospects in road racing since the great David Jeffries and he has many of DJ’s characteristics. I am delighted to be welcoming Martin and Round Tower Racing to Vitrans for 2005 and hope that we can give the loyal Irish fans something to shout about at the TT.”

Team owner Robert Burns is just as excited about Finnegan’s arrival in the team an added “This is my first foray into pure road racing and Martin is what has attracted me to this diversification. He is clearly an exciting talent with maturity beyond his years. Vitrans and Ten Kate will build him superb motorcycles and I know Joe will direct Martin to get the best out of him this season. I am hopeful that our association with Martin and Round Tower Racing will be a successful one, both on the roads and in the Superstock. I want to win the TT with Martin.”

So the Irish connection at Vitrans strengthens with newly appointed team manager Joe Barr having already signed John Laverty from the European Superstock Championship for their assault on the British Superbike Championship. Martin will join John and the other members of the Vitrans team for the first time at their initial testing session at the Valencia Circuit in Spain on the 13th and 14th of December.
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
na de "officiële" doodsteek vorig jaar ( met het afschaffen van de 250 lightweightklasse ) heeft 't lobbywerk van de tweetaktliefhebbers dan toch z'n vruchten afgeworpen en doen de kwartliters hun officiële herintrede tijdens de NW200 in mei

Citaat:
After careful consideration Coleraine and District Motor Club promoters of the International North West 200 have decided to re-introduce a 250 c.c. race at the 2005 North West 200 on May 21st.

The last 250 race at the North West was run in 2000 and won by John McGuinness. With no North West 200 held in 2001 because of the Foot and Mouth outbreak, the 250 class was dropped for 2002.

Past winners of this class include treble winner Robert Dunlop in 1992 and 1993 and Callum Ramsey with three wins in 1997 and 1999.

Mervyn Whyte, Clerk of Course, said he believed there were sufficient numbers of competitors interested in taking part in the 250 class, from within this country and the mainland. I believe it is the right time to give competitors the opportunity to race 250 machines again at the North West.

Whyte went on to say the 250 race would be run in conjunction with the 125 c.c. class. The 250 race will be a separate race within a race with separate prize money for both classes. The 125/400 class will continue in 2005. We do not feel it is as yet appropriate to drop this class and will continue to promote and secure as good an entry as is possible.

One further change will take place to the 2005 race format. The Production class will be dropped and replaced with the Superstock class. Although no major differences in both classes we feel it is more appropriate to run Superstock which is in keeping with the British Superbike Class.

- Increase in laps for various races will also take place in 2005 with both Superbike races now 6 laps and also Superstock whereas in 2004 only one of the Superbike races was six laps.

The first Press Conference for the 2005 International North West 200 will be held on Tuesday morning 18th January in the Waterfront.

« Gewijzigd: 09-12-2004 om 08:05:38 door sTTevie »

#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
na de "officiële" doodsteek vorig jaar ( met het afschaffen van de 250 lightweightklasse ) heeft 't lobbywerk van de tweetaktliefhebbers dan toch z'n vruchten afgeworpen en doen de kwartliters hun officiële herintrede tijdens de NW200 in mei

Citaat:
After careful consideration Coleraine and District Motor Club promoters of the International North West 200 have decided to re-introduce a 250 c.c. race at the 2005 North West 200 on May 21st.

The last 250 race at the North West was run in 2000 and won by John McGuinness. With no North West 200 held in 2001 because of the Foot and Mouth outbreak, the 250 class was dropped for 2002.

Past winners of this class include treble winner Robert Dunlop in 1992 and 1993 and Callum Ramsey with three wins in 1997 and 1999.

Mervyn Whyte, Clerk of Course, said he believed there were sufficient numbers of competitors interested in taking part in the 250 class, from within this country and the mainland. I believe it is the right time to give competitors the opportunity to race 250 machines again at the North West.

Whyte went on to say the 250 race would be run in conjunction with the 125 c.c. class. The 250 race will be a separate race within a race with separate prize money for both classes. The 125/400 class will continue in 2005. We do not feel it is as yet appropriate to drop this class and will continue to promote and secure as good an entry as is possible.

One further change will take place to the 2005 race format. The Production class will be dropped and replaced with the Superstock class. Although no major differences in both classes we feel it is more appropriate to run Superstock which is in keeping with the British Superbike Class.

- Increase in laps for various races will also take place in 2005 with both Superbike races now 6 laps and also Superstock whereas in 2004 only one of the Superbike races was six laps.

The first Press Conference for the 2005 International North West 200 will be held on Tuesday morning 18th January in the Waterfront.

« Gewijzigd: 09-12-2004 om 08:05:38 door sTTevie »

#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
     Reageer met citaat 
Citaat:
Team manager Joe Barr

hoe bedoel je toeval   hij heeft alleen een r teveel in zijn achternaam ... zou hij de stripboeken kennen?

« Gewijzigd: 09-12-2004 om 09:28:52 door Stitch »

Pagina's: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12

Snelle navigatie: