Ryan Farquhar denkt aan stoppen favoriete topics

Moderator: RG500IU

Topic: Ryan Farquhar denkt aan stoppen (2781 keer gelezen)
RG500IU
2 Strokes 4 Ever!!

Reageer met citaat 
Al even oud dit bericht, wat ik ander forum vond, maat interessant genoeg hier te plaatsen dacht ik:
Citaat:
Farquhar to quit racing?
By Gary Pinchin -
TT & road races
18 August 2010 16:53

Ryan Farquhar is at a crossroads in his career. For the past three seasons he’s been virtually unbeatable on the Irish Nationals – and last year even surpassed the late, great Joey Dunlop’s record of national victories.

But after a spate of fatal crashes and injured spectators in recent weeks, and the serious injuries sustained by Ulster GP rookie Lee Gourlay when he was riding a borrowed KMR Kawasaki SuperTwin, Farquhar is questioning his commitment to the sport.

“It’s not worth it,” he said of racing on the roads. “There’s been too many serious accidents this year. I still get a buzz from racing but when you look at it, I mean really study what we’re doing – it makes you think.

“It’s something I love doing but the dangers are there – and things can happen beyond your control. I’m not making any decisions just yet. Let’s get this season finished and then I’ll have a good think about the future.”

Farquhar might be talking retirement but the flip side is the thrill of not just racing into 2011 – but also the hands-on development of the new ZX-10R, since Farquhar builds his own race bikes.

“From what I’m hearing this new Kawasaki is a good bike and I’d like to race it. If I do continue with racing, I’ll definitely scale back on my commitments and pick the events I want to ride in.

"As well as the internationals, I’d support all the clubs in the south that have support me in the past, a few in the north, plus the Southern 100 and Scarborough.”

His racing future also depends on what level of backing he can attract. “A lot will depend on sponsorship. I’ve spent a lot of my own money this year and while road racing has been good to me, I’m not a wealthy person.

“I need more help. I’m hoping Kawasaki will continue to look after me but if they said they had no budget, that would be me finished. My heart lies with them. Every international race I’ve won has been with Kawasaki.”
catweazle
ManxGP 2012

Reageer met citaat 
Volgens wat ik net zie op facebook heeft ie 2 nieuwe ZX10ers voor 2011..

Roll on 2011
     Reageer met citaat 
Vroeg of laat maken al die Street Race toppers wel iets mee. Als hij slim is stopt ie nu.
catweazle
ManxGP 2012

Reageer met citaat 
Robbo schreef 10-09-10 om 12:21:48
Vroeg of laat maken al die Street Race toppers wel iets mee. Als hij slim is stopt ie nu.

Dag Robbo,

probeer iets zinnigers bij te dragen dan dit. En als je dit al meent deel het hem dan zelf mee.
Laat ieder zijn ding doen wat ie wil, ik vertel jou toch ook niet wat je moet doen.

Het beste is al een Mod deze en bovenstaand bericht verwijderd.
Anoniem
     Reageer met citaat 
catweazle schreef 13-09-10 om 21:26:42
(...)

Dag Robbo,

probeer iets zinnigers bij te dragen dan dit. En als je dit al meent deel het hem dan zelf mee.
Laat ieder zijn ding doen wat ie wil, ik vertel jou toch ook niet wat je moet doen.

Het beste is al een Mod deze en bovenstaand bericht verwijderd.

Waarom verwijderen Peter?

Het is gewoon een mening die in keurig nette bewoordingen wordt neergezet.

We hebben hier wel vaker discussie's gevoerd over de stratenraces. Ik ben het persoonlijk wel eens met zijn stelling voor wat betreft dat vroeger of later. Of iemand stopt moet hij of zij echter helemaal zelf weten.
catweazle
ManxGP 2012

Reageer met citaat 
Precies daarom daar zijn andere topics over.
Deze gaat erover of dat Ryan stopt omdat ie geen competatieve machines krijgt maar zelf zou moeten bekostigen.
Daar past ie na een aantal jaren voor, in zijn optiek heeft ie al bewezen om goed te kunnen rijden.
Anoniem
     Reageer met citaat 
Da's een afweging die Farquhar dus zelf moet maken. Ik kan me echter wel voorstellen dat er hier mensen zijn die zeggen dat hij dat dan beter nu kan doen nu hij nog heel is.

Snelle navigatie: