BSB Silly Season 2007 favoriete topics

Moderator: RG500IU

Pagina's: 1 2 3

Topic: BSB Silly Season 2007 (7268 keer gelezen)
sTTevie
España para siempre (y la Isla de Man también)

Reageer met citaat 
Jonathan Rea was snelst tijdens de tests op Almeria ...

1 Jonathan Rea (Honda) 1:35.2,
2 Leon Haslam (Ducati) 1.35.4,
3 Chris Walker (Suzuki) 1:35.7,
4 Gregorio Lavilla (Ducati) 1:35.8
5 Ryuichi Kiyonari (Honda) 1:35.9
6 Shane Byrne (Honda) 1:35.9
7 Cal Crutchlow (Suzuki) 1:36.3
8 Tom Sykes (Honda) 1:36.5
9 Leon Camier (Honda) 1:36.8
#19 & #11 ... our future

Dennis Noyes is the daddy!!

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
tijden vanuit Guadix ... Rea blijft de 'man to beat'

1: Jonathan Rea (Honda) 1:12.84
2: Shane Byrne (Honda) 1:13.05
3: Chris Walker (Rizla Suzuki) 1:13.10
4: Ryuichi Kiyonari (Honda) 1:13.23
5: Cal Crutchlow (Rizla Suzuki) 1:13.62
6: Tom Sykes (Honda) 1:14.00.
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
Scott Smart rijdt dit jaar opnieuw bij Hawk Kawasaki

Citaat:
Hawk Kawasaki are pleased to announce the signing of former Hawk rider Scott Smart. After a six week negotiation period, Team Owner Stuart Hicken and the 30-year-old Smart came to an agreement for Smart to contest the British Superbike Series on the Kawasaki ZX10.

Smart has not ridden under the Hawk banner since 2004, where he took three wins, eight podiums and 21 top six places, finishing the season in a fantastic fourth place in the overall Championship. He is now looking forward to the new challenge saying, “It’s great to be back with the team and if we have as much fun as we did in 2004 then it will be another good year. I’d be very happy if we could replicate the results from then and I’m looking forward to the challenge. I’ve got a very busy year ahead of me with riding for Hawk and I’m also competing in the World Endurance on board the Kawasaki, at least I’m going to have plenty of bike time!”

Team Owner Stuart Hicken added “We delighted to have Scott back onboard and very much looking forward to working with him again this year. We’ve been working hard on getting the Kawasaki’s prepared for the new season as I have five riders to look after this year so we know it’s going to be a busy one.”

Riding alongside Smart in the Superbike Class will be youngster Peter Hickman who completed a successful rookie year in the series in 2006. Hickman will make the jump from the 05 ZX10 to the 06 ZX10 and having already tested the bike at Mallory Park and Cadwell the young 19-year-old is eager to kick start the new season.

2007 sees the launch of the new Hawk Junior Team, which sees 20-year-old David Hallett competing in the National Superstock Cup and 18-year-old Jak Wright on board the all new ZX-6 in the British Supersport Cup. This will be the first year for both Hallett and Wright in the British Championship series and each are set for their new venture.

Once again Hawk will run Carl Rennie in all the Road Races including the TT, North West 200 and the Ulster, plus various Irish meetings through the year. With the Isle of Man TT Celebrating it’s centenary year, Rennie and the Hawk team will be looking at improving on the stunning sixth place they gained on the Island last year.

Hawk’s season has already got off to a great start with youngster Shaun Winfield. Who competed in his first Aprilia Superteen Race at Brands Hatch last weekend. Qualifying in a strong second position he gained two wins and a second position seeing him leading the Overall Championship.

The four riders will all be appearing at the first British Superbike test next weekend at Snetterton, Norfolk, 23rd – 25th.

Hawk Kawasaki
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
tijden uit Albacete

1: Gregorio Lavilla (Ducati) 1:29.800
2: Leon Haslam (Ducati) 1:29.900
3: Chris Walker (Rizla Suzuki) 1:30.070
4: Cal Crutchlow (Rizla Suzuki) 1:30.768
5: Karl Harris (Honda) 1:30.778
6: Michael Rutter (Kawasaki) 1:31.635
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
RG500IU
2 Strokes 4 Ever!!

Reageer met citaat 
In a cruel twist of fate, James Haydon has suffered a shoulder injury while out training on his mountain bike. James was undertaking his usual training regime in preparation for round four of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park over the May Bank Holiday weekend. An initial examination revealed ligament damage to his left shoulder. Doctors have advised that he takes time out to rest in order to minimise the recovery period.

Raceways Yamaha rider Hudson Kennaugh has been drafted in as a replacement for the next round. The 26-year old South African currently lies second in the National Superstock Championship, riding a Yamaha R1. Hudson set a new lap record on his way to victory at Silverstone last weekend. He will test at Cadwell Park tomorrow and race at Oulton Park this weekend.

James Haydon: "I'm absolutely gutted. Just as I thought things were starting to come together, a silly thing like falling off a mountain bike has set me right back. I'm in a fair amount of pain, and can't lift my left arm. The doctor thinks I may have aggravated the injuries from Snetterton last year. They said I could be out for a month or so, but hope to be back on a bike before too long."

Rob McElnea, Team Principal: "This is a great shame as James has been making great progress over the past few weeks. At Silverstone we thought we had turned the corner with his first point-scoring race. Hopefully he won't be out of action for too long, though realistically he could be out for the next two rounds. Steve Rogers from Raceways Yamaha has kindly allowed us to use Hudson as a temporary rider for the next round."

bron:motorcycleracingnews.net
RG500IU
2 Strokes 4 Ever!!

Reageer met citaat 
Warwick Nowland to ride with MV Agusta in British Superstock

If racing around for 6 hours, 8 hours and 24 hours is not enough, Warwick has just agreed to race the exquisite MV Augusta F4 312 in the British Championship.

Warwick received a phone call on the evening he arrived at Le Mans for Round 1 of the QMMF Endurance World Championship and since then negotiations have resulted in a new challenge for the 2 times Endurance World Champion. The team behind Warwick and the mighty MV Augusta are a relatively new name to racing. STP Racing are based near the Mallory Park circuit in the British Midlands and at barely 3 years young, team owner Jon Strike has big plans for his professional outfit. Jon has close ties with the MV Augusta Factory in Italy where a new F4 is being prepared for Warwick. The team will contest the remaining 8 rounds of the British Superstock Championship and have already started plans for 2008 and 2009.

Warwick; “It’s a great opportunity and perfectly timed. 6 Rounds of the Endurance World Championship is not really enough racing even though we have testing to do as well. Now, I have testing and development with STP Racing and the link to the Factory is great. This is a long term project for all of us and we plan to succeed. I have to admit, the MV Augusta is a big attraction for me. It’s a work of art, simply beautiful. I’m really looking forward to developing the bike even though at this stage, we are only using it in the Superstock class. I’m fortunate to have been called by my friend, Bob Cooley who is involved with Jon. They are passionate about racing and incredibly positive, we fit together well”.

The first race for Warwick and his new machine will be at Round 5 of the British Championship to be held at Snetterton in just under 2 weeks time. With the new bike still being prepared in Italy, time will be short however the team will test before Snetterton. It will give Warwick time to get a feeling for the bike and of course the Metzeler tyres. The British Superstock Championship runs a control tyre rule similar to the Superbike World Championship.

This new venture brings Phase One Yamaha team mate Glen Richards to the other side of the ring as he currently dominates the British Superstock series aboard his Yamaha R1.

“Glen is the man at the moment and I am hoping to be alongside him and then in front of him as soon as possible!” I will have to be very strong. This class is the closest and most competitive anywhere in the World. I’ve looked at qualifying times and the first 25 riders are covered by 1 second!”

7 years have past since Warwick last raced in the British Championship, does the Aussie have un-finished business in Britain?
“I just want to work with a good team and win races. It’s as simple as that. I had an opportunity to race for a Factory team in the British Superbike Championship and it was taken away from me without even riding the bike. What happened in the past is just that, the past. Now I am starting a new project and next year I could be on a Factory bike in the British Superbike Championship, I like that idea”.

bron: mcnews.com.au
RG500IU
2 Strokes 4 Ever!!

Reageer met citaat 
James Haydon, onlangs geblesseerd geraakt na een val met een mountain bike, en het Virgin Yamaha team hebben in onderling overleg besloten niet meer met elkaar verder te gaan voor de rest van dit seizoen:
Citaat:
Rob McElnea: "It is a great shame things did not work for James with us, his commitment has never been in question and we wish him well with his future plans."

James Haydon: "It is always difficult in a situation like this but parting company is the best thing for both of us. I am sure of that. I had lost confidence in the package and was not happy and that showed in my riding. I wish them all the best for the remainder of the season."
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
tja ... James is zo'n beetje 't "what if" verhaal ... erg getalenteerd, maar nooit 100% bevestigd ... waarss niet op de juiste plaats op 't juiste moment zeker ...
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!
     Reageer met citaat 
Was het vorig jaar niet Haydon die om eenzelfde reden bij Suzuki wegging?
Mugello never sleeps!
sTTevie

Reageer met citaat 
Hodgson zal woensdag & donderdag de Rizla-Suzuki gaan testen op 't circuit van Cadwell Park, Walker noch Crutchlow zullen deelnemen aan de tests ... doel is extra data te verzamelen om de GSX-R's meer competitief te maken ...

Citaat:
"I am thrilled and excited to have the opportunity to test the Rizla Suzuki," said Hodgson. "My aim is to use my experience to give Rizla Suzuki another opinion or direction on the performance of its race bikes. I've been keeping in shape and I am sharp so I can't wait to get going."

"I have always maintained that Rizla Suzuki will use every means at its disposal to be as competitive as possible and Neil testing our bike and giving us a fresh opinion is simply another approach to improving performance," explained Buckmaster. "We hope that we can come away from Cadwell Park with new direction and improved performance for us to take to Knockhill and the seventh round of the Championship in just over a week's time."
#19 & #11 ... our future

go BIG or go home!

Pagina's: 1 2 3

Snelle navigatie: